One of the most timeless finishing touches one can give their wardrobe has to be monograming. There has definitely been an increase in demand for customized shirts, bags, and leather goods over the past few years. Something that was once just a L.L.Bean thing has now become a final touch at many boutiques, online shops, and catalogs.
My first experience with in-store monograming options was at J. Crew back in 2006 with their ‘must-have’ basics. My second experience with in-store monograming was at the Louis Vuitton boutique back in 2009, and since then almost all of my LV pieces have been taken in and monogramed with my initials. It is such a fun and exciting experience seeing your item that once looked EXACTLY like everyone else’s transformed into something UNIQUE AND ALL YOUR OWN!
Here are my most admired brands who offer monograming options:
1. Bottega Veneta — Monograming pricing varies
Ebano Intrecciato VN Wallet - $440 + $40 for monograming — Available here
2. J. Crew — Monograming usually runs about $10.00
Ludlow Spread-Collar in fairweather blue — $88 + $10 for monograming — Available here
3. Brooks Brothers — Monograming pricing varies
Gold and Black Hand Painted Enamel Cuff Links — $295 (Free Monograming) — Available here
4. L.L.Bean — Monograming pricing varies — They offer monograming in nearly every shape and color imaginable.
5. Louis Vuitton — Monograming pricing vary, some are complimentary — They even offer monogram painting (You can even get your family crest painted on bags, wallets and trunks and other leather goods)
Hope you enjoyed the post! Be sure to check out Southernfemme.com for New York Fashion Week coverage starting tomorrow by our very own Megan LaRussa. Also, follow the coverage on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@southernfemme).